The Quietude, a psychic realm accessible by only a select few, is Kat’s secret for improving her deadly focus. It’s how she became a high level Midnight Slicer, an elite assassin. But when she meets Tristien Waef inside the Quietude, Kat knows she’s outmatched. Tristien, scarred from head to toe both physically and emotionally, displays unheard-of abilities inside the Quietude! In a rare move, Kat throws caution to the wind, and joins Tristien and her two friends: the battle-hardened Cela and the almost-famous bard Kinjara, in their travels. But will the Midnight Slicers allow Kat to shift allegiances? And can a budding relationship with Kat get Tristien to move beyond her traumatic past?
“Hey! This book ain’t about just that! That part’s only got you two.” interrupts Cela. “It’s about fightin’, drinkin’ and carousin’. You know, slicin’!” With one arm, the tall warrior slashes her two-handed sword through the air.
Tristien sniffs, “Fighting and drinking isn’t going to sell the book. The more unique aspects will.”
“Presentation factors as well,” says Kinjara, bowing. “The honor should thus drape across the bard’s shoulders.” Clearing her throat, she stands up, “Love and redemption, thrills with chills, devious deities along with myths of yore and lore, build foundations upon which ‘A Slice of Quietude’ rises…”
Kat never looks up from sharpening her daggers.
- Buy the Kindle version: A Slice of Quietude (Woven Myths Book 1)
- Buy the paperback: A Slice of Quietude (Woven Myths Book 1)
It is, first and foremost, a love story — but it is much more than that. It is a cleverly woven fantasy… where strong women warriors also show a much softer side, resulting in a story that carefully –and successfully — walks the line between being an action tale and a romance. – Don Sloan, Amazon
- If you’d rather support your local book store, order ISBN-10: 0692437770 or ISBN-13: 978-0692437773 from them. They will be able to get it from Ingram Spark.
Featuring a richly layered mythos, greatly entertaining battles, dark secretive societies which adhere to stricter guidelines than most, and trancelike realms where people can join together in their minds to experience the world differently than those around them, Woven Myths is already shaping up to be a great addition any fantasy lover’s shelf. – Tabitha Beth, The Rainbow Hub
- For a signed copy please Click Here.
- If you’re an international customer and would like a signed copy, email me at sharoncho at wovenmyths dash com. I’m lying. The dash is actually a dot. I will then send you an invoice with instructions on how to pay. (Square doesn’t play nice with other countries yet)
Neither strictly fantasy nor romance, Sharon Cho weaves an amazing tale that walks the line between both genre’s giving us a unique perspective side by side. A clever and unique tale – Casey McCourt, Little Pink Crayon